The aim of the City Match Exchange Programme is to help bring people together to develop competences, share knowledge, ideas and working methods on sustainable and innovation procurement in the waste and resources sector. The idea is that an employee or group of employees interested in the waste and resources sector visit another organisation working on this topic. The visit is meant to provide new experiences and ideas and will normally take between 1-4 days. Who can participate?
The programme is intended for all staff from public authorities working in the waste and resources sector, amongst others politicians, policymakers, waste management and prevention professionals, environmental and utilities service providers, procurement officials, and technology providers.
What exchange activities can be undertaken?
- Study visits (one-to-one or group exchange)
- Job shadowing
- Benchmarking studies
What topics can be addressed?
- Waste management, prevention and innovation
- Circular economy and procurement
- Piloting emerging solutions and technologies
- Market engagement processes
- Participatory mechanisms’ implementation and citizen ownership campaigns
- And many more
The 2nd UrbanWINS CityMatch will be kindly hosted by the Municipality of Zürich and take place in Zürich (Switzerland) from January 23 – 25, 2019.
This CityMatch aims to provide a forum for exchange on the reuse of concrete used for buildings (recycled concrete). Public authorities from across Europe will come to this study visit were experts from Zurich, incl. staff from the building construction and health & environment department, incl. city planners, facility managers, persons from the sustainable public procurement and suppliers of concrete, will show their approaches towards a circular economy.
Participants are expected to have experience and interest in those areas.
The programme will be available soon.
You are interested in one of our CityMatches and can fulfill the mentioned expectations? Apply now writing to email@example.com and answering the following questions:
– Which CityMatch (location, date) do you apply for?
– Why are you interested in the topic of this CityMatch?
– What experience would you bring to the study visit?
ICLEI will reimburse travel and accommodation of up to 600 EUR per person. Language: English.
We look forward receiving your applications!
The 1st UrbanWINS CityMatch was kindly hosted by the Metropolitan City of Capital Rome and took place in Rome (Italy) between 12-13 October 2017. Participants had the opportunity to discover how furniture circular procurement and Green Public Procurement monitoring work in practice.
Participants were expected to bring forward innovative ideas in the areas of circular economy and furniture procurement.
The programme is available here.
The 1st UrbanWINS CityMatch (Rome, Italy)
- Inspiration and guidance on how to start or further develop your work, and share knowledge with peers to overcome barriers and challenges
- Acquiring a broader understanding and develop skills on smart, strategic, green and innovative public procurement
- Receiving direct assistance and support on day-to-day tasks related to public procurement of waste management solutions
- Being informed about the latest technologies, products and services, and learn about trends and development in the waste and resources sector
- Sharing ideas, problems, solutions, and good practices with highly motivated individuals from other cities
- An insight into how replicable your methods are, by receiving feedback and new perspectives on your approaches and tools
- Potential access to new pilots
- Wider dissemination of your work on waste management, innovation, circular economy and others
- Growing your network of peers and experts
The City Match Programme is supported and endorsed by the Procura+ Network Twinning Programme.