Staff exchanges aimed at facilitating knowledge and experience sharing
The aim of the City Match Exchange Programme is to help bring people together to develop competences, share knowledge, ideas and working methods on sustainable an innovation procurement in the waste and resources sector. The idea is that an employee or group of employees interested in the waste and resources sector visit another organisation working on this topic. The visit is meant to provide new experiences and ideas and will normally take between 1-4 days.
Who can participate?
The programme is intended for all staff from public authorities working in the waste and resources sector, amongst others, politicians, policymakers, waste management and prevention professionals, environmental and utilities service providers, procurement officials, and technology providers.
What exchange activities can be undertaken?
- Study visits (one-to-one or group exchange)
- Job shadowing
- Benchmarking studies
What topics can be addressed?
- Waste management, prevention and innovation
- Circular economy and procurement
- Piloting emerging solutions and technologies
- Market engagement processes
- Participatory mechanisms’ implementation and citizen ownership campaigns
- And many more
- Inspiration and guidance on how to start or further develop your work, and share knowledge with peers to overcome barriers and challenges
- Acquiring a broader understanding and develop skills on smart, strategic, green and innovative public procurement
- Receiving direct assistance and support on day-to-day tasks related to public procurement of waste management solutions
- Being informed about the latest technologies, products and services, and learn about trends and development in the waste and resources sector
- Sharing ideas, problems, solutions, and good practices with highly motivated individuals from other cities
- An insight into how replicable your methods are, by receiving feedback and new perspectives on your approaches and tools
- Potential access to new pilots
- Wider dissemination of your work on waste management, innovation, circular economy and others
- Growing your network of peers and experts
If you want to participate in the UrbanWINS City Match Exchange Programme, act as a host organisation to receive participants or would like more information on the programme, please contact:
We are open to new ideas that encourage exchange between organisations. If you have suggestions, don’t hesitate to let us know.