The aim of the City Match Exchange Programme was to help bring people together to develop competences, share knowledge, ideas and working methods on sustainable and innovation procurement in the waste and resources sector. The idea is that an employee or group of employees interested in the waste and resources sector visit another organisation working on this topic. The visit is meant to provide new experiences and ideas and normally takes between 1-4 days.
What exchange activities could be undertaken?
- Study visits (one-to-one or group exchange)
- Job shadowing
- Benchmarking studies
What topics could be addressed?
- Waste management, prevention and innovation
- Circular economy and procurement
- Piloting emerging solutions and technologies
- Market engagement processes
- Participatory mechanisms’ implementation and citizen ownership campaigns
- And many more
- Inspiration and guidance on how to start or further develop your work, and share knowledge with peers to overcome barriers and challenges
- Acquiring a broader understanding and develop skills on smart, strategic, green and innovative public procurement
- Receiving direct assistance and support on day-to-day tasks related to public procurement of waste management solutions
- Being informed about the latest technologies, products and services, and learn about trends and development in the waste and resources sector
- Sharing ideas, problems, solutions, and good practices with highly motivated individuals from other cities
- An insight into how replicable your methods are, by receiving feedback and new perspectives on your approaches and tools
- Potential access to new pilots
- Wider dissemination of your work on waste management, innovation, circular economy and others
- Growing your network of peers and experts
The 1st UrbanWINS CityMatch was kindly hosted by the Metropolitan City of Capital Rome (Italy) between October 12-13, 2017. Participants had the opportunity to discover how furniture circular procurement and Green Public Procurement monitoring work in practice. Participants were expected to bring forward innovative ideas in the areas of circular economy and furniture procurement.
The 2nd UrbanWINS CityMatch was kindly hosted by the City of Zürich (Switzerland) from January 23 – 25, 2019. It’s main purpose was to provide a forum for exchange on the reuse of concrete used for buildings (recycled concrete). Public authorities from across Europe came to this study visit, where experts from Zurich, incl. staff from the building construction and health & environment department, incl. city planners, facility managers, persons from the sustainable public procurement and suppliers of concrete, presented their approaches towards a circular economy.
The 3rd UrbanWINS CityMatch was kindly hosted by the City of Malmö (Sweden) from March 6 – 8, 2019. This CityMatch focused on contract management for strategic and sustainable public procurement. Participants in this activity, together with contract managers from Malmö purchasing cleaning and transport services, discussed about transport services for people with special needs, cleaning services for (office) buildings and schools, market analysis before tendering and the criteria for evaluation of tenders, including contract terms / conditions.
The 1st UrbanWINS CityMatch (Rome, Italy)
The 2nd UrbanWINS CityMatch (Zürich, Switzerland)
The City Match Programme was supported and endorsed by the Procura+ Network Twinning Programme.