The aim of the City Match Exchange Programme is to help bring people together to develop competences, share knowledge, ideas and working methods on sustainable and innovation procurement in the waste and resources sector. The idea is that an employee or group of employees interested in the waste and resources sector visit another organisation working on this topic. The visit is meant to provide new experiences and ideas and will normally take between 1-4 days. Who can participate?
The programme is intended for all staff from public authorities working in the waste and resources sector, amongst others politicians, policymakers, waste management and prevention professionals, environmental and utilities service providers, procurement officials, and technology providers.
What exchange activities can be undertaken?
- Study visits (one-to-one or group exchange)
- Job shadowing
- Benchmarking studies
What topics can be addressed?
- Waste management, prevention and innovation
- Circular economy and procurement
- Piloting emerging solutions and technologies
- Market engagement processes
- Participatory mechanisms’ implementation and citizen ownership campaigns
- And many more
The 3rd UrbanWINS CityMatch will be kindly hosted by the City of Malmö (Sweden) from March 6 – 8, 2019.
This CityMatch will focus on contract management for strategic and sustainable public procurement. Participants in this activity, together with contract managers from Malmö purchasing cleaning and transport services, will discuss about transport services for people with special needs, cleaning services for (office) buildings and schools, market analysis before tendering and the criteria for evaluation of tenders, including contract terms / conditions.
Participants are expected to have experience and interest in those areas.
DAY ONE – MARCH 6, 2019
|19.00||Welcome reception. Venue: tbc|
DAY TWO – MARCH 7, 2019
Location: City Hall
|9.00||Welcome and introductions [representative from the City of Malmö]|
||Contract management for strategic, sustainable public procurement|
|Together with contract managers from Malmö buying services in the fields of cleaning and transport, we will discuss about:
|13.30||Time for doing some work together.
Discussions will continue on:
|17.00||End of day two.|
DAY THREE – MARCH 8, 2019
|9.00||Local study visit to Hyllie (tbc)|
|12.00||Lessons learned and wrap up|
How to reach Malmö and accommodation:
From Kastrup airport of Copenhagen, Malmö can be reached by train.
The City Hall is situated in the centre of Malmö. There are various options on
accommodation. Please, approach us if you have any queries.
Ulrika Svallingson, Malmö: tel.: +46 708 66 73 99
Philipp Tepper, ICLEI:, tel. +49 761 368 920
You are interested in one of our CityMatches and can fulfill the mentioned expectations? Apply now writing to email@example.com and answering the following questions:
– Which CityMatch (location, date) do you apply for?
– Why are you interested in the topic of this CityMatch?
– What experience would you bring to the study visit?
ICLEI will reimburse travel and accommodation of up to 600 EUR per person. Language: English.
We look forward receiving your applications!
- Inspiration and guidance on how to start or further develop your work, and share knowledge with peers to overcome barriers and challenges
- Acquiring a broader understanding and develop skills on smart, strategic, green and innovative public procurement
- Receiving direct assistance and support on day-to-day tasks related to public procurement of waste management solutions
- Being informed about the latest technologies, products and services, and learn about trends and development in the waste and resources sector
- Sharing ideas, problems, solutions, and good practices with highly motivated individuals from other cities
- An insight into how replicable your methods are, by receiving feedback and new perspectives on your approaches and tools
- Potential access to new pilots
- Wider dissemination of your work on waste management, innovation, circular economy and others
- Growing your network of peers and experts
The 1st UrbanWINS CityMatch was kindly hosted by the Metropolitan City of Capital Rome and took place in Rome (Italy) between October 12-13, 2017. Participants had the opportunity to discover how furniture circular procurement and Green Public Procurement monitoring work in practice. Participants were expected to bring forward innovative ideas in the areas of circular economy and furniture procurement.
The 2nd UrbanWINS CityMatch was kindly hosted by the City of Zürich (Switzerland) from January 23 – 25, 2019. It’s main purpose was to provide a forum for exchange on the reuse of concrete used for buildings (recycled concrete). Public authorities from across Europe came to this study visit, where experts from Zurich, incl. staff from the building construction and health & environment department, incl. city planners, facility managers, persons from the sustainable public procurement and suppliers of concrete, presented their approaches towards a circular economy.
The 1st UrbanWINS CityMatch (Rome, Italy)
The 2nd UrbanWINS CityMatch (Zürich, Switzerland)
The City Match Programme is supported and endorsed by the Procura+ Network Twinning Programme.